Welcome to Uncorked

I was born and raised in Indonesia and it was our Christmas holidays to Australia that introduced me to the wine world. We spent our time touring the Mornington Peninsula vineyards, indulging in some of the finest wines I had ever been exposed to. Every Christmas for the past 10 years we would venture back and visit our favorite wineries and culinary wizards, always seeming to uncover a couple new jems.

After graduating with a BSc from the University of Alberta, still not sure what the hell I was going to do with it...I had an epiphany, while in the shower of all places. Why don't I study wine?? It seemed so obvious. It was then that I decided to swallow the painful rebuttal from my folks, and follow my heart, for once in my life!

I moved to St. Catharines Ontario, and enrolled in the Cold Climate Oenology and Viticulture Program at Brock University. I graduated last year with flying colors...a bumpy road at times but all worth it in the end!

I have just recently returned from working a 2 and a half month harvest in the Yarra Valley and was able to pay patronage to my dear friend and winemaker, the muse behind my quest to one day become a successful winemaker.

Since my return I have thrown myself in the ISG program, and hope to complete the Sommelier Diploma by sometime next year. I have a lot in the making right now so I thought what better way to keep myself sane than to document my journey along the way. I don't know exactly where I'm headed but I know I'm excited in the now and for the future.







Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To all my avid followers, haha, fret not!
My whirlwind of a life is a tad hectic at the moment with travels, work and now studying for my ISG exam. But I do promise I'll have things up and running again very soon.
A couple more weeks of hoopla and my regular jottings will return, with some new and exciting wine tales to share with you.
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment